St. Jude Prayer for the Unemployed

Unemployment

Pray to St. JudeLord Jesus, my desire to work is itself your gift. You gave me talents so I could shine Your light to others in the world. Send Your Spirit to guide me to work that will provide security and joy, and most of all the ability to serve You in love. St. Jude, I do not know where I am going—and so I call upon you in my need. Bless my spirit with the determination to press on. Give my heart patience and fortitude. Help me, dear friend, to know that God’s plan for me is forged out of love. Amen.

Post your prayer or petition below for those struggling with unemployment. Or if you would like, send your special intentions for those struggling with unemployment to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine of St. Jude where it will be prayed for by the Claretians.

Comments

• karen kaunda June 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

St jude help me find a decent job so i can help with my siblings education.

• anonymous June 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM

St. Jude, please help me find the right job soon. Please help my siblings find the right jobs also. Please protect me at work and keep me safe. Thanks.

• Joe June 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Blessed Saint Jude, I beseech you to bless my sons Chris and Kevin with well paying, full time, day shift employment with excellent benefit packages working with employers that sincerely care about the health and financial well being of their employees, within safe, fun, friendly work environments, doing jobs that will be interesting to them that they will consider making careers of, that are conveniently located as close to their homes as possible. Please bless them with the resources they need to meet their debts and satisfy their pressing financial obligations.

• Sue June 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Please help me to pay my bills and to start doing foster care soon
    Amen

• Martha Gallagher June 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Dearest St. Jude~My husband and I moved to Nevada last October after my brother passed away from cancer. We decided we needed a new start and after visiting a few times, we decided to make NV our home. Our plans when we came here fell apart due to unforeseen circumstances and we have been living in our car for several months. I worked in shelters in Alaska and never thought we would be in this situation. We can not receive any help here because we are not residents and have no way of obtaining housing, food, gas, laundry and showers. We are very much in need of all of these. The shelters are full and I am appalled at how the inhumane behavior of the people working in the agencies here. In AK we open our arms to people-no matter what their situation and/or whare they come from. We also give compassion and understand that we could be in the same circumstance and do not judge them or make them feel ashamed. I am at my wit’s end and do not know what to do anymore.
    Please pray for us and if anyone would be willing to help us out with $1 or more, we would be so appreciative. We do not drink or smoke-we are not bums looking for a handout-we are fully abled and want to work and continue to seek employment. All we want is a chance.
    M & T Gallagher
    General Delivery
    Henderson, Nevada 89015
    Bless you all.

• Anonymous June 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

St. Jude, please help my boyfriend to find a good, steady job. He has worked so hard trying to get where he is today and I can see how much it hurts him to not be able to support himself. It’s a tough time for everyone, so please help all the unemployed to find suitable work so they are able to support their families.

• C June 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Please dear St. Jude, St. Anthony, pray to dear God for us: I beg of your help to make things change, please let Greg see me in a new light. Anything and everything can be done at the hand of God, anything that would otherwise be impossible becomes true and alive with Gods will, please dear God, bring me to him, take our lives and direct them towards each other in every way. Please, make what comes of this be for everyone’s ultimate happiness, take away all pain and stress and give balance and positive energy to everyone. Please bring us to good jobs in the same place and let us clear this financial mess. Please bring us to a home to live in that becomes a haven we enjoy together, and to see the world as we please. This is by far a lot that I ask, as I seek and knock and look for the face of God to see me, and hear my prayers and make them good. Thank you for all the blessings we have ever had for all that we have in our lives, have mercy on us, forgive us for our wrongs and bring us to be together to realize the love of God in all of its glory. I’m begging with my faith that nothing is impossible at the hand of God’s will.

• Anonymous June 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

St. Jude, please protect me at work. Keep me safe and please help me get adequate assignments throughout the summer. I pray for safety and security. Please let today’s assignment be an easy and fast one. Thank you.

• fhc June 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

St Jude, God has given us all gifts of intellect, compassion and desire to succeed and contribute to protecting and managing the world he left with us. It is our duty to care for the environment and each other. Please move those who are consumed with greed and self-gain to see all the pain that has caused the world. Move them to change their thinking and their decisions so we can cohabitate civilly, pursue gainful, meaningful and worthy employment — and live considerately and respectfully together.

• bill June 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

St Jude holy apostle faithful servant and friend of Jesus pray with me as I search for employment in these difficult times. pray with me that I use my skills and knowledge I have been blessed with to obtain the opportunity presented to me I promise to keep you as my most holy patron and will publish my request so other may invoke your favors amen

• Kerry June 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Dear Saint Jude:
    Please intercede for me in asking God
    to grant me His Favor for these petitions:
    … For healing for Bipolar Disorder.
    … For a reduction of Side-Effects of new & current medication.
    … For Anxiety and Panic attacks to STOP in Jesus’s Name.
    … For Sound Sleep all night long and less dependence on sleeping pills.
    … For healing for Irritable Bowel Syndrome [Constipation, Gas, Bloating, Diarrhea, Nausea, previous Bowel Surgery].
    … For a Miracle of New Teeth to replace dentures & implants.
    … For healing for Bipolar Disorder for mother (Marie); healing for our relationship.
    … For healing for my son LUKE who is Bioplar and Schizophrenic.
    … For healing for my son LUKE – set free from aggressive and Threatening Behaviour towards hospital staff.
    … For him to be set free from the desire for Drugs, Alcohol and Violent Video Games.

I give Him all the Praise & Glory for this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Kerry
    Ontario. Canada

• Terry June 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Dear Saint Jude:

Please pray and agree with me in asking God
    to grant to me these petitions and His Favor for them:
    … For a good full time Job in Business Accounting(or other work according to His will).
    … For a Financial Miracle to eliminate Debts, to advance God’s kingdom, start a business.
    … Bind, break, remove any Strongholds the enemy has established against me (esp. Finances)
    … Bind any attempt of the enemy to Block/Hinder my answers to prayer or Blessings from God.
    … For Physical Healing Miracle for my Lower Back, Left&Right Hip&Thigh, Right Leg.
    … For good Temporary Work until I have a permanent job.

I give Him all the Praise & Glory for this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Terry.
    Ontario, Canada.

• Marie May 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

St. Jude, please assist me with my new career path. I feel in my heart, I would be a great fit to the industry. But breaking “in” has been brutal. I cannot do this without your intercession. Please open the eyes of those who can grant me this access. Please help them to examine my resume and credentials and see the benefits of my experience.

• Jolanta May 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM

St Jude please intercede and help my nephew obtain a job. He has been unemployed for a while and needs to work. I thank you St Jude and love you very much.

• P G Sroufe May 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM

St. Jude.

The time has come. Every day I grow more desperate for work. I need to to begin again to share in the support of my family. My wife works, but due to a salary reduction, additional income is necessary. That income must come from me so we can continue to move forward.

Please St. Jude. I need your intercession. The time has come.

• pm May 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

St. Jude… I know you are there. Thank you for for your intercession..Please continue to help myself and Jim with our relationship..I miss him so much. Please let us grow to appreciate each other and respect each other. Saint Jude….please…..help me….please ..

• william May 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I had a Great Interview the other as a College Admissions adviser For for a position National American University .I would be a very good candidate and the job is a perfect fit for me and my goals and objectives. The position not only includes the standard benefits package but also FREE tuition. As I have been unemployed for over two years I need employment. It would be very refreshing to use this to reach my next threshold. Let us pray that the eyes of those making the decision would be opened to the benefits hiring me would provide them with. And also pray that when I am hired that I do a great job for them and that I not lose sight of my other objectives but not let my other endeavors to interfere with my performance at this job.

• anonymous May 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM

St. Jude, please help my sister and I find full-time jobs that will offer us joy and security. I pray that we will have opportunites this summer. And please, St. Jude, give me protection at work today. I pray that work will be easy and that I will go home safe and happy. Thank you. Amen.

• Brenda M May 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM

St. Jude intercede for us, that I can create a source of income for us both through my daughter’s non-profit fundraiser supposed to start today. Please help us to help the victims of violence & abuse

• Jtmendoza May 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM

St. Jude, please intercede for us and help my husband to find a permanent good paying full-time job in his field. Please let us know what is God’s will for him. I know all things are possible. I ask this petition in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

• AP May 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

St Jude, Please pray for me.

I need help desperately! I am sickened with worry. I don’t know where to turn anymore.
    I pray to you daily but do you hear my prayers. OR is this not my time?
    Please St Jude grant me this, allow me to have the ability, opportunity, financial ability to make a new successful business not for my own selfish needs but the needs of my family! I am worry about bills, mortage, school, utlities, food etc…… a new sucessful business where I can work there daily and make money to support my family. Please grant me this!
    Love always
    AP

• MAUREEN May 2, 2012 at 5:48 AM

i thank you st jude that we as a family are employed. we pray that my husband will get a job that he enjoys so much. Amen.

• Fidelis B May 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Dear St Jude: Help me to win my case, receive all my back pay and my job back at the USDC. Help the 4 individuals to be honest and see the wrong they have done to me especially Judge Bryant. I pray to you to help me forgive them also. I thank you for everything you have done for us in 2011 and you continue to help us in 2012 and guide us. I pray that Judge Hall or Judge Shea will call me to offer me a position Please grant my petition, I pray to you St Jude.

• May Fatima Retes April 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Dear St. Jude,

Pls help me in praying that i may passed the philippine immigration succesfully in going to C.A country, since i did not get my OEC due to an infectious disease that i have, I hope you will enlighten the minds of the immigration officer to let us go through as well as in hongkong, london and mexico, i also pray that when i arrived in my work place u will guide us and give us wisdom through our lord jesus christ, keep us safe and give us good health espeically to my parents and may we surpassed this financial trial we are facing, this we ask through Christ our lord amen. St. Jude , Intercede for us. Thank you St. Jude.

• ada April 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM

THANKS ST. Jude because you never fail. My brother was offered the job and I know you will help him get it. Thanks St. Jude for remembering my prayers. AMEN

• Gordon S April 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

St. Jude,

I come to you agai8n to ask for your help and intercession that I may gain employment very soon. While I have been unemployed for a while I retain all of my skills and experience.

Now, however, my wife may soon become unemployed. That would be devastating to our present and future.

I ask for your prayer and intercession so that we may become whole again with jobs that will enable us to continue..

Please St. Jude, my gratitude will know no bounds. We need help now.

• Md April 26, 2012 at 4:44 AM

St. Jude, be with my daughter today as she continues her job search. Please give her patience in the process, confidence in her skills and humor to see how absurd the process can be. Please let her potential employees see her gifts and have faith in her youth and enthusiasm. Please bless all her friends getting out of college this month

• jan April 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM

St. Jude, with your prayers and intercession with Our Lord and through Blessed Mother Mary, it is asked for restoring my work full time. With God’s mercies and in faith and trust in Him for whom nothing is impossible, I am thankful for His victory in restoring my family’s life.

• raymond martinez April 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM

please st.jude. please help me find job soon. thank you st.jude.

• Mary April 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM

St. Jude, another job opportunity has presented itself. I pray that they will select me for an interview, and that I will get hired for the position. Please intercede on my behalf, so that I may finally become financially independent. Thank you.

• Teresa April 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM

St. Jude, plese help me find a job so I can pay my bills and support my family. Please help me start on a new career path and help me receive the training I need. Please help my sister with her illness so she can grow stronger. Please send work to her so she can continue to have health insurance. I pray that you will help me find the strength I need during this difficult time.

• Marilyn April 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Dear Loving St. Jude. Please help me find a job and help me for my family to be able to support and provide them and other people that needs help. Thank you St.Jude for all the blessings that you have been giving to me and my family. Love you.

• Miss H April 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Dear St Jude, thanks so much for providing me a little financial assistance , when i could barely cope. I beg of you to please intercede in all my requests for more students to come forward to take up learning English as i am unemployed and tutoring English to support myself . Please give me the strength to provide for my family. I really hope you”ll bless me with a job that keeps me happy and i hope my parents shower me the love that i really need. Love you St Jude, my most powerful special saint Jude.

• Mary April 20, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I pray that I will find a full-time job in psych very soon. St. Jude, please help me in my job search.

• Anon April 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Dear St Jude please help David to be successful with his application for a nursing position tomorow Wednesday 18th April. Let him be accepted for this post and it will be the correct choice where he will be very happy. Also, let my daughter be happy and successful in her staff midwifery post in the ante natal clinic where she is now employed. THANK YOU.

• AJI ANNA April 16, 2012 at 6:26 AM

st.jude please pray for me to get a job transfer as a licenced Pharmacist.also pray to pass the Doh exam for pharmacist .in jesus name we pray.amen.

• jajees baby April 16, 2012 at 5:23 AM

St. Jude please pray for me to find a new job /employement visa in UAE.help me to lead a fruitful life according to God’s will.amen.

• om April 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM

St Jude please help me find jobs that will compliment each other in security and bring me joy. Please also help me financially with my obligations and that I may attend the seminar in May and the expo this fall. In Jesus’s name. Amen.

• Carol E Moran April 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Please St. Jude find my husband a job. One that will give him security and strength. Oh, Dear St Jude we need your intersession in this matter as he is getting older and he is fighting the age thing. Please find him a job that will help us as a family.

• Krista Romero April 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

please intercede to our Lord, Jesus Christ so that Krista may find gainful employment. Also include her partner Anthony to help him find employment so that my granddaughters can live life in a stable environment and they may be happy in their lives.

• cm April 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Dear St. Jude, please intercede on Murat’s behalf that he may go free from prison before September 2012. He has a hospital bill from prison that is why he has to serve this extra time. I ask for prayers that his cousin Ahmet and Neco can raise $5500 to pay this bill. They have $1500 so far and are relying on me which I am working but don’t have any extra cash because I am trying to pay all my bills after helping him financially. Thanks.

• Anonymous April 9, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Dear St. Jude, Please help me find a suitable job. One that will bring me joy and security. Please help. Thanks.

• Jennilyn Albo April 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM

St. Jude i owe to you my prayers and intentions. Help me to look for a job and i begging to forgive my sins, that i always prayed to you

• Judith Bautista April 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Dearest St.Jude, my Mom named me after you, since she asked for a girl, because I already have 3 brothers. Now, I would like to ask your intercession thru our Lord Jesus Christ to help me find a job here so I can help my husband’s income and at the same time help my 2children and my 2 brothers back home. I hope and pray that I get this training/job at BC Job Options which will start on the 16th of this month. If not, then I know you have other plans for me, in Jesus name thy will be done Amen. Thank you so much for all the blessings that you have bestowed upon us .

• Kathy April 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM

St Jude Please intercede on Danny’s behalf and help him find work that he can use his talents more effectiviely. Please ask Jesus to help us so we can keep our family together. I ask this in Jesus’ name…

• diego h April 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

st jude please help all my family and friends that are suffering with illness and help my business right now that its slow so i can get more work and help me with my health amen.

• Anonymous April 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Please St. Jude, help us find full-time jobs soon. Thank you.

• Val April 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Dear St. Jude, please help my husband with his job interview today. I ask that you watch over him and that he may find all the right answers and be the person that this employer wishes to choose. Thank you

• sakura April 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Dearest St. Jude. Please help me have a job in this country. My family needs me. Please.

• Heather March 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM

St. Jude, intercede for my that I will get the job that is currently open at the school district I sub for. I pray that I will be able to answer articulately and wisely any questions at any job interviews that I am fortunate enough to have. I pray that I will soon know the peaceful feeling of knowing that I will have a job next year and that I will know by either the end of this school year or summer break. Help me to be able to provide for my family!