St. Jude Prayer for the Unemployed

Unemployment

Pray to St. JudeLord Jesus, my desire to work is itself your gift. You gave me talents so I could shine Your light to others in the world. Send Your Spirit to guide me to work that will provide security and joy, and most of all the ability to serve You in love. St. Jude, I do not know where I am going—and so I call upon you in my need. Bless my spirit with the determination to press on. Give my heart patience and fortitude. Help me, dear friend, to know that God’s plan for me is forged out of love. Amen.

Post your prayer or petition below for those struggling with unemployment. Or if you would like, send your special intentions for those struggling with unemployment to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine of St. Jude where it will be prayed for by the Claretians.

Comments

• Donna September 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM

St Jude please let there be a solution that my financial situation will get better very soon PLEASE JESUS AND ST JUDE! I ask this in Jesus holy name and in St Jude’s love and power. Thank you, Amen.

• Valerie Batten August 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Please pray for my husband Jimmy, he is needing a teaching job for this year. He taught for 37 years and was let go. He is very depressed and needs to know that his life is not over. Please intercede for me St. Jude and answer my plea. Thank you!

• S August 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM

PLEASE ST JUDE LET THEM OFFER ME THE JOB IF IT IS GOD”S WILL I PRAY TO YOU AMEN

• May Fatima Retes August 26, 2011 at 12:16 AM

St. jude pls help us in praying that ate an2x will be able to get her letter from the agency, pls help us pray that holy spirit will enlighten the minds of the one assigned in the agency that ate ann2x can have her placement fee in an installment basis, shes our only hope, we are in a financial crisis now, these we ask through christ our lord amen.

• Joseph August 25, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Dear Jesus and St. Jude…please help me this coming week with my interview for the Health care job, that I secure the job on the first interview, that it pay very well and be fulfilling, if this is meant to be, if not please help me with a a career, and also that all my prayers be answered. Thank you

• Joseph Vassalle August 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM

please pray that i find a good job, we only have a week left. Thank you

• tcm August 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I am asking for a job that i do very very well at. I have adhd, have had previous bad employment experiences, bullied, etc.. I do not know how to tale care of myslef and was always told I will marry well. PLEASE LET THIBG CHANGE FOR ME.

• Lisa C August 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Please go with me today in my interview. That it goes well and I am blessed to get the job. That I will have confidence and that I will be happy with this new position. I pray that if I get it the it is a success for the School district. I also pray that my friend finds happiness in her job also. Surround me with positive people.

• RPM August 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM

St. Jude, please pray to our Lord Jesus Christ that I may receive adequate income to attend to my needs and debts so that I may simplify my life in order to more closely follow the will of our Father in heaven. Amen.

• May Fatima Retes August 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM

St. Jude help me in praying for the approval of my sisters PAss in singapore and the deadline is this thursday, and for my dad’s enough strength for his work and for me, i hope to find a stabe and fullfuling job in vietnam, this we ask through your intercession, also for blessings, that we may surpass our financial problems, good health long life, safety and peace of mind, this we ask through christ our lord. AMen

• Ruby Vielgo August 23, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Pls help me find a new & stable job when Im able to walk again. I’ll be able to get rid of my wheelchair in 2 more months and I wanna go back to work as a live-in caregiver. Please St Jude, i need a new job by October or November. Pls intercede for me. At your mercy, in the Holy Name of our Lord Jesus, please answer my prayer. Thank you

• grace August 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM

help my husband find a job in his new field so that we can cont to work and take care of the kids

• CM August 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Please lead my husband to a better job so we may have some of our fiancial burden lifted and he can be home with us

• EA August 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Please Saint Jude, help our family. We really deserve happiness and to understand and show love and togetherness to our 2 boys. I feel they are being raised with 2 separate sets of parents and it’s affecting them. Teach my husband the word kindness and compassion- which I know does not exist in his vocabulary. Remove the demons that have been ingrained in him by his upbringing through his abusive father. Teach him how to love, and what the word LOVE means. For this I pray, to Jesus Christ, Our Savior. Saint Jude, please send me a major financial blessing so I can get myself together and get out of debt once and for all and not lose my home. God’s will be done. Amen.

• Lori August 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM

A prayer for the blessing to be a full-time stay at home Mom. To be blessed with the financial support needed to full-fill this hope. To be blessed with a large financial blessing that allows me to care for my child st home, bear more children, support and care for my husband, aid my family and support and serve the community by doing God’s work. A blessing that takes the fear and worry out of the decision to stay home with our daughter.

• linda August 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM

StJude please help me get out of the mess i made of my unemployment, please help me to keep getting my checks, i am so sorry for doing what other people tell me to do i know i should not listin to them thank you for always helping me with my troubles

• Jennifer August 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

St Jude, Please help those in need of an income most particularly my husband who’s been out of work for 4 year now. Continue to guide us to which path we should take to get our lives back on the right track. Help my mom find the means she needs to pay off her bills. Help me accept circumstances I can’t change. I know God will bring me through these temporary setback, I ask this in Jesus Name. Amen

• ester August 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM

St Jude you are the saint of the impossible, I beg of your intercession and trust in your love and guidance as I look for work. Help me to find employment soon, everywhere I turn seems to be impossible so I come before you seeking for your powerful intercession in granting me work so that I can provide for my family and all my 6 children.Please give me hope and trust that I will find work soon. In you I place my intention for your powerful intercession, I promise I will honour you each day of my life.

• David S. August 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Dear Saint Jude, Thank You for your prayers. I pray for strength to preform my new job to the best of my ability. Through your prayers I have the chance to succeed. For all who read this never doubt the strength of Saint Jude and His prayers for you. He will help and You will find employment. Best wishes to all of you. D.S.

• May Retes August 17, 2011 at 2:02 PM

St. Jude, Help my sister get her Pass so that she can work in singapore and help our family, Pls also help my father that he may have enough strength for his work, since he is a little bit old, and for me, that schools in vietnam will realize my skills in teaching for me to land a job, in jesus name. Amen St. Jude. PRAY FOR US.

May Fatima Retes

• normita heasty August 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM

pls. St. Jude pls. help me to find a job as soon as possible, & i have a brother whose sick, he’s medicine is so expensive..that’s why i really need a job

• LisaC August 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I give thanks that the new job will be opening up. I just ask your blessings that I do well in the interview and that I am chosen. It would help my family life so much. I pray that no one is hurt and that there is no animosity towards me if someone has to be moved. Amen

• Raiza August 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM

thank you St. Jude for giving me the determination and the strength to fight every struggles that I’m facing right now. i know that i may not easily reach my dreams but i know deep in my heart that i will be fulfilled my dreams. thank you:)

• L.C August 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I pray for all of those people who are out of work that you are soon blessed with something. I give thank s that I do have a job but I am asking St Jude’s intercession with the Heavenly Father that I get this new position at my work. My job situation is not pleasant and if I get this new job I would be doing something that makes me happy and my supervisor would be very kind. I have met her and she is very fair.
    I also pray that my future son-in-law get a job in the area that he studied in college. Amen

• Elizabeth August 15, 2011 at 7:00 AM

St. Jude please intercede for me with our Lord Jesus Christ that I get a call back from Veronica Espinoza from Magnolia Clinica Medica Familiar with a job offer for their Ob Office Manager position this week. I promise to pray and light a candle in your name. Amen

• esta August 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM

St Jude, please intercede in my job applications, it just seems impossible to find work given that I have been out of the workforce for 8 years, please intercede in my situation and help me find employment soon. Guide me also as I go out looking for work. Intercede for me please and all those seeking for your powerful help on this site.

• maryagnes r. clark August 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM

for my friend, Neil McLaughlin:
    for the successful outcome of neil’s application to cleveland clinic: to sell his invention & to find employment with cleveland clinic

• Mary Rodrigues August 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I seek prayers for my husband who has been out of work for 17 months. He has been blessed with going on interviews but nothing comes to fruition. We are in danger of losing our home. He is very depressed and becoming withdrawn from our daughter and I. Oh St. Jude, please hear our prayers! Amen.

• CMM August 11, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Dear St Jude

Please I ask for the RIGHT JOB- CARRER- PATH THAT I DO VERY VERY WELL AT AND WITH. I ASK FOR MY SOUL MATE SOON- I WANT TO LOVE AN BE LVOED BY SOMEONE SO SOS SPECIAL

• Kris August 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Please pray for my husband to get a job with the plumbers union again. He has been out of work for almost two years. We are desperate, depressed. Please, please pray for us, help us.

• ruth August 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Please St. Jude pray for me a miserable sinner. Help- me to get a job so that I can pay my debt. Ask Jesus to be merciful to me. I ask for health, happiness and a growing faith for my children and husband. Please help our family, allow me to get a job. Amen

• beth August 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I pray for me and my friend Angevic that we find a job soon so that I can continue to provide for my kids and my father. Thank you

• Damian August 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Dear St. Jude, please help.

There is a meeting happening at this moment to discuss eliminating positions at my work place. I worry about losing my job and that people in my department may lose theirs. Please look after us so that we may be safe and that the possible outcome may come about from that meeting. We are sick with worry. Please help us. I have prayed and asked this in the name of our savior Jesus Christ, our savior. I am humbly asking for your help with this as well. Please hear my prayer.

Thank you, dear St. Jude.
    Amen.

• Diane Gregorakis August 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM

St. Jude,
    Thank you for securing a job for our daughter Vanessa. I am still asking your intercession for our daughter Meghan and our son-in law Seth….to secure jobs.
    Thank you, St. Jude for all of your blessings

• lisac August 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I am so grateful for all the prayer that has gone my way. I am down to the wire to get a job I so dearly want. Please pray that this evening I get the news that this job will open and that I get the position that I want. I’m so unhappy at my current job, yet I am grateful to have it. My boss can be unkind at times. Also pray that my mothers brain injury heals and I get her back. Pray for my son who has autism that he begins to speak and heal. Also that my family know my love.

• Michelle August 5, 2011 at 11:23 PM

St. Jude, I am in a very bad job situation, and I need to find a real job, one that does not abuse me or take advantage of me. Please help me.

• Kathy August 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Dear St. Jude, Please bless my resume that I posted online this morning. I worked very hard to create a good resume that shows what I can offer an organization. I ask that the right person with the right position for me will find the resume and that this effort will lead to a wonderful new job where I can use my talents and abilities and be paid what I am worth for all my years of experience. I have been struggling for months and have been unable to pay all my bills. Thank you for your help in these desperate financial times. Please have mercy on us all.

• Bonnie August 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Please St Jude, please intercede on my bvehalf that I get a call for the office assistant job that I applied for and that I get the job. I have been unemployed for the last year. Thank you for prayers answered.

• acel August 4, 2011 at 12:29 AM

please pray for me st.jude, that i may find the career that i have always wanted. the one that i will enjoy at the very same time. it could be a medical representative post at merck, nestle, glenmark or getz. or the one you really wanted me to have. thank you. i want a new career, i want to change my life. thank you.amen

• mae August 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM

One year ago today we were still living at a campground in 2 tents, praying and hoping to get jobs and a place to live. Back in January, we were blessed with a good job for my husband, and in May, the Lord blessed us with a beautiful little place to call home. Not 2 months later, the good job turned sour, leaving us again without jobs, in the mean time I have been looking for a job too. Now we have paid our rent for August, thanks to the help of a dear friend. But, we now face next month not knowing what will happen. We also have 5 children. We feel, this place was a gift from God and everything in it. We are holding on to hope that something will turn up soon to support our housing, so we don’t end up homeless again! We were transient for 8 months, just wanting a home and jobs to support it and our family. Thank You St Jude for this little house, please I urge you to provide the jobs so we can stay here for many years to come!

• Monica August 3, 2011 at 5:11 PM

St. Jude- Please pray that I find a good job. One that would help build my self esteem and that I could have hope for a future. Thank You!

• Debra August 3, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Dear St.Jude,
    I know you are the saint of impossible causes. I have an impossible cause, I have been unemployed for almost 2 years now. I am always sending out my resume,yet to date I have had not one request for an interview. I know with your intercession this will chnage. I ask that you intercede on my behalf to God and that my prayers will be answered. Please help me in my time of trial and desperation and I will always show you my gratitude. Amen

• Elizabeth August 3, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I pray to you St. Jude that you will intercede for me with our Lord Jesus Christ, that today’s interview with Kaiser Permanente go well so that I may finally have long term employment, as I’ve had none for 22 months now. I need you by my side to guide my in the right path. I will lght a candle in your name. Amen

• edgardo lopez August 3, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Please pray for my brother-in-law , Francisco Martins to find emplyment, my nephew Wesle Gott, and my friend Jose Jimenez to also find employment soon.

God Bless

• Annemarie August 3, 2011 at 6:24 AM

That Christina will be offered payment for her work at the agency.

• Joan Jiminez August 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Please help Sue’s meeting go well for her today and help them to reinstate her entirely in the system. Help heer to get renewwed support and help that will enable her to continue her quest for eemployment and support. Cure my chidlren and grandchildren and myself of all illnesses and help us to love long rewarding lives. Protect us from all evil and danger and harm and show us the way to a successful life. Help us to increase our faith in God and to you St. Jude and all the Angels and the SaInts and to live lives that are successful full of good actions and peoplle. Show Sue & Mike & Yvette the way to get counseling for theier children and help them to learn rom the counsseling themsselves. We thank you for aLways listening to our prayers and petitions and for answeering all our requests. Amen

• elsie August 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM

I pray to St. Jude to thank you for the employment that you have secured for my sons. Thank you.

• Patty Boyce August 2, 2011 at 6:57 AM

First, make the sign of the cross and say:
    O God, come to my assistance! O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be…Amen. St. Jude, assist us in our present financial worry. Since these difficult financial circumstances have come into our lives, we are in dire want and economic embarrasment, being unable to meet our honest debts. St. Jude, you know only too well, we are not asking for wealth, if the possession of it is not in accordance with the holy will of God. We beg you only for that immediate assistance which will enable us to meet and satisfy our pressing obligations. We plead with you, dear Jude, to obtain for us the financial assistance we so urgently need in our present troubles. Lord Jesus Christ, at the intercession of St. Jude, have mercy upon us and grant our request as is best for our lives, spiritual and material, for you are good and love mankind. Our Father….Hail Mary….Glory Be….Amen.

• JANET WILD August 2, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Please help me to sell my house that is not selling so that i can move with Partner to a more prosperous area with more jobs. I am unemployed and unable to get work this move will aid all. Please also help my son Luke to know his direction in life he wants to do missionary work and go to a bible study college for a year September. Help my daughter in London and Red her Morroccan boyfriend who works hard. Help them after marriage 17th Sept to be able to setle in London. Give them strength and all of my family after the sad loss of my daughter Jasmine through addictions and lack of self esteem. Please Pray that she can rest in peace until we all meet again she was only 21. Thank you

• Michelle Main August 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Please pray for my boyfriend Matthew and I who recently graduated college and are looking for secondary teaching jobs in a rough economy.