St. Jude Prayer for Addiction

Addiction

Pray to St. JudeGod of life, You made me in Your perfect image, to live in Your love and to give You glory, honor and praise. Open my heart to Your healing power. Come, Lord Jesus, calm my soul just as you whispered “Peace” to the stormy sea. St. Jude, most holy Apostle, in my need I reach out to you. I beg you to intercede for me that I may find strength to overcome my illness. Bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father’s constant love. Remain at my side, St. Jude, to chase away all evil temptations, fears, and doubts. May the quiet assurance of your loving presence illuminate the darkness in my heart and bring lasting peace. Amen.

Post your prayer or petition below for those suffering from addiction. Or if you would like, send your special intentions for those suffering from addiction to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine of St. Jude where it will be prayed for by the Claretians.

Comments

• Tina December 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM

St jude thank you so much for all your intercession and i pray that u help me get out of my addictions of cigarettes and calabar chalk. I am really hopeless in this situation but with you i always have hope and know all will be fine. We ask this through Christ our Lord and Saviour Amen.

• Cath November 30, 2011 at 3:23 PM

please help me with my withdrawals and watch over me and keep me strong. please grant me the gift of 100% sobriety, laughter and love and help me to keep my job and please help me through all this please i need you so so so much!!!!!!!!!!

• cath d November 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Please help my husband through this time of oxy withdrawal..help him physically, mentally and sriritually get through this and grant him a spiritual awakening and please help him..please help him and love and protectim

• desperate mom November 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

St. Jude, please intercede for my son; pray the Holy Spirit guides his steps and protects him from all harm, danger and evil influences. Please pray God will grant him a complete change of heart and mind, and he lets go of all resentments and hatred in his heart. Please pray he stops all negative behaviors and returns to the church. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• cath November 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM

may the sacred heart of Jesus be adored,glrified, loved and preserved thoughout the world now and forever
    Sacred heart of Jesus have mercy on us. St Jude worker of miracles pray for us. St Jude helper of the hopeless please pray for us.
    Say this prayer 9 times a day. By the 8th day your prayers will be answered . SAy it for 9 days . It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you St. Jude

• Don Jeroski November 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Send me a message for assistance and I will do my best to be there. I know what it is like to really want to get clean,sober, and free of spirit!

donaldjeroski@rocketmail.com

• Don Jeroski November 22, 2011 at 10:46 AM

If there is anyone that has read my message and could need some assistance, let me know. It is my time to give back to women and men addicted to substances that are or have taken control of your life. Remember keep the Lord and St. Jude in your heart and your mind will become clear for you. You have to work hard nut it is well worth it to live free again.

• Don Jeroski November 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM

St. Jude- Thank you for your intercession with my constant battle with my drug addiction. It is my one year anniversey of being clean and there is just that path ahead that I need to take head on with you and Jesus in my heart. Being armed with you can only make me sucessful one day at a time. My wife and family needs me and I need myself as well. Thank you for helping me become successful and continue on my journey of sobriety.

• Brigitte Galvan November 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Please pray for my niece, CMG, that she turn away from drugs and surrender herself to God.

• Elizabeth Myers November 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I would like prayer that my nephew Joey will move out. He is addicted to cigarettes and marijuana- a drug. I just want him to move out of the residence, so I can have peace of mind. I gave him his notice to move out within 90 days that was last month, and I just want him to get away from me, so I don’t have to feel frightened of him anymore!

• Patita November 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Thank you St. Jude for answering my prayers for my son. I will forever be grateful for your help in clearing up his legal matters but now he must be strong to complete his recovery. I pray to you to give him strength and peace in his journey.

• FH November 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Dear St. Jude,
    Please hear my desperate plea to help my son Joel to find the strength to overcome his addiction to alcohol and drugs. Please heal his poor broken soul and mind. I pray for your divine intervention.In Jesus name Amen

• Cheryl November 5, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Dear God, Dear Jesus, Dear St. Jude,
    Please hear my desperate prayer to help my only child find the strength to overcome his addiction to alcohol and drugs. Please heal his poor broken soul and mind. He is a good person and he needs divine intervention.
    In Jesus name I pray Amen

• mary November 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Thank you, St. Jude, for all you have prayed for and interceded for me and my prayers. You have helped me and my loved ones very much. You have helped complete strangers and homeless brothers and sisters as well. I thank God for you, in Jesus Name; How Great Thou Art is the song and praise this all makes me think of often regarding God’s blessings to me, in Jesus Holy Name. I pray today for me to quit drinking alcohol, and to remember my Archangels, Michael, Gabriel, and Rafael, and what they mean to me. I do respect them all and very recently St. Gabriel and am glad for his friendship too! St. Jude, please remember my prayers to God in Jesus Holy Name, and I pray for my nephews, and for my friend Jack, that he will receive his needs according to God’s will, of which God knows of what is best for him. And I pray for my nephews to be good citizens and to respect their bodies as well as their “brothers and sisters”…always. I love you, St. Jude, and please don’t forget about me. Amen.

• ag November 4, 2011 at 7:28 AM

St. Jude, please pray for my wife. Please intercede and help her overcome her drug usage / addiction. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us. Jesus, please help my wife to overcome her drug addiction. I just found out about it recently. I must approach her with this first and let her know that I know about her doing drugs. Hopefully she will cooperate and accept the fact that what she is doing is wrong, and hopefully, she can stop. Please be with me while I talk to her about it, and please be with her also. St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, pray for us! Lord Jesus Christ, please help us.

• NRG October 28, 2011 at 9:29 AM

St Jude,Happy Feast Day. Thank you for all the many times you have helped me.Please continue to help Sean,please strengthen him in the work of recovery and help him to resist all temptations.Please guide and assist Sean to get into a good halfway house upon his completion of his current program.Please give Sean the courage,strength,healing, support,perseverance,endurance he needs to move forward in his recovery and guide him to a place of healing and recovery.Thank you.St. Jude NRG

• AM October 28, 2011 at 4:20 AM

PRAY FOR MY SON FROM STOPPING TO TAKE DRUGS AND LET HIM HAVE FAITH IN PRAYERS AND GUIDE HIM IN THE RIGHT PATHWAYS.

• Anonymous October 26, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Dear God, Dear Jesus, Dear Saint Jude, I would like to thank you for all the help that you have given me. I will continue to pray and ask for your assistance for a very difficult problem that my loved one has been having. I will be forever grateful if you could heal and cure him. Please, please, please I am begging you from the bottom of my heart and soul cure him and heal him from his drug addiction forever. Please do not let him use any kinds of drugs anymore. Please fill his heart, mind, and soul with your love and your faith. Keep him safe and give him strength to fight any bad influences and temptations. Please, please, please help me as you have always helped me. Please answer my prayers. I will be forever grateful and I will never forget where I came from. In Jesus’ name I am begging you dear God and dear Saint Jude please answer my prayers and make them come true. Amen!

• Josephine October 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM

st.jude i ask you for your help and guidance with my finances. i am feeling so helpless and alone. please help other people who share the same burden. cast a block to help me with any temptation. help me please.

• JESSE October 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

MY GOD JESUS ST JUDE I PRAY FOR ALL MY CHILDREN MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS FOR THERE SALVATION AND TO SERVE YOU LORD AND FOR THEM TO GIVE THERE LIFE TO GOD AND TO SERVE HIM ALL THE DAYS OF THERE LIFE AND MAY THERE LIFE BE LONG HEALTHY HAPPY AND FINANCIALLY PROSPEROUS ALSO I PRAY FOR A FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH NOW TO MEET MY OBLIGATIONS AND PAY BILLS AND LORD SAVE MY SON MJC FROM ALL TORMENTING SPIRITS THAT WANT TO END HIS FREEDOM AND GIVE HIM YOUR HELP AND STRENGTH AND GUIDE HIM WITH YOUR HOLY SPIRIT TO VICTORY AGAINST ALL ADDICTIONS AND TORMENTING SPIRITS IN JESUS NAME I PRAY A MEN,

• E October 20, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Please St. Jude, pray for Kevin to remain clean and sober, for his return to the church, and strength in temptation. Please pray for Joe to understand the importance of purity and chastity, the sacrament of reconciliation, and to turn his life around.

• jccsr October 19, 2011 at 2:44 PM

i pray to God. Jesus. and ST. Jude. for my finances to get Better right a way so i can cover my monthly support to all my Orphanages that i finance monthly for so many years and also to cover my Bills to pay them off and for the lord to make a way for me to be financialy set so as not to worry about all my kids every month and my home to be paid off and my dr bills and meds to be payed for the lord knows i never misuse his money i dont drink or smoke so i pray for your help my heavenly father in Jesus name i ask and pray A MAN,

• Anonymous October 16, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Lord, through the intercession of St. Jude, I pray for my dear friend Alejandro who is trapped by sex addiction. May he embrace fully the mercy and graces of the Lord, and be renewed and redeemed in His love. That he may embrace his role as a father and learn to truly love those around him, especially the women in his life.

• Pat October 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Dear Lord Jesus, through the intercession of dear St Jude, I pray for deliverance of Jason and I. We’ve been living a life of drinking, gambling, smoking and night club addiction. It has ruined our lives and we’ve lost the trust and respect of our families and friends and colleagues. I got evicted from my flat and am in deep financial crisis. J has left me for another woman because of our constant arguments and fighting. Without these vices, we are both good charitable and hospitable people. I will not give up on us because there was a genuine love for each other and our families. The Lord blessed us with each other and with our love. We failed to include Jesus in our lives and the sins of the world have broken us. I pray to you St Jue to intercede for me to our Lord. I pray this with faith and conviction. I believe in forgiveness and reconciliation. I believe in the good of each and every person. I pray this in the most powerful name of Jesus. Amen.
    Thank you Jesus and St Jude for the opportunity to publish my request. I promise to encourage devotion to you St Jude and be ever mindful of the help you have given me.

• mmc October 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM

My smoking cuts back and I quit without any weight gain or very little.

• sharon caroline October 14, 2011 at 3:33 AM

lord jesus,blessed mother mary and st jude please help my son jonathan ashlee to overcome drug addiction.may god bless him and guide him the right way in his path,help him to take up the cross and follow jesus right now like he as always been doing in the past.stop all the temptations of the devil in his life.no rehab,no doctor.no treatment have helped jonathan,please my lord I am begging and pleading to you for your help,please save my son fom drug addiction and put and end to this evil problem,since this is your kingdom not satan .st jude please intercede with our blessed mother mary and our lord jesus to open the door for jonathan ashlee so that he will be able to see the light in his life.I pray that my prayers will soon be heared and answered in the name of jesus.I wait for your miracle my lord amen

• A. P. October 12, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Dear God and dear Saint Jude.
    I am a very strong believer in my heart and I feel very guilty for not knowing you before. Very recently I have learned that people turn to you when they are desperate and when they have no where else to go and no one else to help them. I am turning to you with a great hope that with God’s will and with your help I will be blessed with a miracle like many others whom you have helped and lent a hand to. I am begging you from the bottom of my heart, with great faith and great love to help a person that is very, very, very dear to me. His name is K.M. and with God’s will and your help I would like to ask you to cure him from his drug addiction. Please, please, please heal him from this dreadful and terrible illness and habit. Please, cure him finally and forever from his physiological and psychological addiction to drugs of any kind. Please, heal him so that from now on he will never ever want to or will never ever use any kinds of drugs. Dear God and dear St. Jude, with Christ’s name, I am begging you to take K.M. under your wings and protect him. Please, keep him safe and show him the right way in life, show him the way to You. Please make him find the peace and joy in You. Protect him from bad temptations and influences. Please, give him the strength to be a good person and a loyal believer and a servant to You. Dear God, I know that there is nothing that is not within your powers and that there is nothing impossible for you. In the Holy Bible it is said that if one asks You for help with great faith and belief and with great honesty, You lend a hand and help. I am asking you from the bottom of my heart and soul with great faith, belief and honesty to do a miracle for K.M. and cure him forever and ever. I am asking You for this miracle first of all for K.M., and for him to be physically and psychologically healthy and to be the man I know he can be. However, I am also asking You for this miracle because I am suffering from his addiction as well. His addiction problems are jeopardizing our relationship and our families well beings. I know that I am a sinner, however, I promise that I will be a better and a bigger person from now on. I promise that I will be forever grateful to You and St. Jude if You decide to bless K.M. and me with the miracle of curing him from his drug addiction. We are very blessed and very thankful for what You have given us, dear God. I promise that I will spread Your word and St. Jude’s miracles to people who surround me and to those in need.
    “Dear, Saint Jude, drug addiction has caused a terrible upset in my family. The victim of this self-inflicted sickness has lost all sense of true reality – the reality of love as well as the reality of life. Beg Almighty God to make this addict aware that true euphoria can only be found in heaven and not with chemical dependence.
    3 Our Father’s, 3 Hail, Mary’s and 3 Gory Be’s.
    I promise, O blessed Saint Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you by publishing this request. Amen.”

• jo October 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM

st jude please pray for people all over the world that they will be cured of these dreadful drugs being put out there to destroy them and let them see that all they are doing is slowly killing themselves and making these drug dealers rich. god gave us a great gift of life please pray that they see this and appreciate it..in jesus,s name thank you st jude

• jean Merron October 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

please st jude help my daughter rebecca with her struggle with her addiction she as really hit rock bottom and needs your help and everyones prayers she also as a Daughter Laura who is special needs please help her to cope please help her to go back to counciling then rehab because she cannot do this on her own please let her see sence thank you St Jude

• Maggiew October 7, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Please help me not to abuse my meds that I get today. Take responsible. Life is good!

• margaret October 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM

please st jude,the sacred heart and the blessed virgin guide,help and protect my son stephen all the days of his life.
    margaret

• Jcc October 4, 2011 at 1:48 AM

DEAR FATHER GOD IN JESUS NAME I PRAY PLEASE TAKE CARE OF MY BABY
    GRANDSON NATHIANIAL I C A MAN

SON MY BABY NATE

• Maria Florencia October 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Please God you know I am a compulsive gambler so desperate I ask Saint Jude to help me trough God stop my crazy thoughts .Make me stop we are behind in all the bills and I keep going and gambling since 1999 .life is hell like this help me on the eve of my 66 birthday .I can tell anybody at home .pray for me

• AM September 29, 2011 at 7:29 AM

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY SON TO STOP TAKING DRUGS. HELP HIM AND GUIDE HIM IN THE RIGHT PATHWAYS. TEACH HIM TO RESPECT AND LOVE HIS PARENTS AND ELDERS. PLEAE HELP ME IN HIS STUDIES. PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM.

• Sharon September 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Please pray for Greg to be delivered from meth and gambling addiction. Let him realize that his life is out of control and he is about to lose the one person who truly loves him. He blames me, and gets mean. I see the devil in his eyes, and it scares me. Let him be brought down to his knees by the things he’s done, and the way that he has hurt the one he is suppose to marry.

• Jesse CC September 23, 2011 at 1:22 PM

thank you GOD JESUS ST JUDE. I PRAY FOR MY SONS AND DAUGHTERS IN JESUS NAME FOR THERE SAFETY AND FOR MY GOD TO WATCH OVER THEM ALWAYS TO KEEP THEM SAFE FROM ALL HARM AND TO MAKE A PATH FOR THEM FIND A WAY TO SERVE HIM AND TO BE IN HIS WILL ALWAYS AND MAKE A WAY FOR THEM IN LIFE’S PATH to send HIS Holly spirit to help them console and minister to them in there times of need ALWAYS, I PRAY IN JESUS NAME A MAN,

• tanya September 22, 2011 at 6:08 AM

SMOKING- PLEASE LET ME UT BACK AND HAVE MY ANXIETY CONTROLLED…

• in Nam Of mike September 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I have an issue with Bullying others. I cintoniusly do it to my family and have been doing most of my life. It has effcte my well being. In addition, I m a Sneak. I have lied to so many stole and I become very territorial with my surroundings, If I do not have htis then I talk bad about others. I am always mad and very unspportuve PLEASE LET ME CHANGE MY WAYS…

• teresa September 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

i pray for my husband to see his addiction problem get the help he needs and to repair problems his addiction has caused our family.

• mcc September 18, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Dear St. Jude:

Please help me to quit smoking for once and for all, so I can feel better about myself. I can’t do this alone. Amen.

• DANIELLE EARLEY September 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM

PLEASE ST, JUDE HELP MY HUSBAN AND I OVERCOME OUR ADDICITION PROBLEMS SO WE MAY FIND PEACE IN OURSELVES AND NOT IN A SUBSTANCE, IT HAS TAKEN EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND EACHOTHER AWAY FRO TH ETHE LOVE WE ONCE HAD FOR EACHOTHER, I KNOW THAT THAT LOVE STILL EXSISTES SO PLEASE HELP US BE STRONG AND KEEP THE EVIL PEOPLE AWAY FROM US, AND FIND STRENGHT IN EACHOTHER, THANKYOU, PLEASE CONTINUE TO INTERCEDE FOR US ALWAYS!

• me2 September 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Please help me to quit smoking for once and for all. I can’t do it by myself and I have no support. And please help the others on here who come to you as well.

• desperate mom September 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM

St. Jude, please pray for my son. Pray Jesus stays by his side, guides his steps to do God’s will. Please pray he is safe, healthy, and finds his way back home and that all his problems be resolved favorably soon. Please pray he changes his attitude and accepts help from those who love him. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• me September 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Please pray that those who persecute my son be granted compassion in their hearts and realize they are wrong. Please pray my son is safe from all evil influences, and turns his life over to Jesus. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• GA September 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

St. Jude, please pray for M; that all goes well in this situation, that God will grant him a safe, healthy, blessed weekend, keep bad influences away and give him courage to change what must be changed. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• e September 7, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Help us St. Jude, I beseech you.

• LORIE September 6, 2011 at 8:47 AM

St. Jude please pray for us, especialy my husband. He has an addiction and we need your help, pray for us and guide us through this difficult time, in Jesus name amen.

• RAMON.GARCIA993@GMAIL.COM September 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM

THANK YOU MY HEAVENLY FATHER JESUS ST JUDE, I PRAY FOR MIKE AND ALL ALL WEAKNESES THEY MAY TRY TO TAKE HIM DOWN ALL AND ANY AND ALL ATTACKS ON HIS LIFE I ASK YOU TO HELP HIM AND HAVE COMPASSION ON HIM AND GIVE HIM THE STRENTH TO OVER COME ALL TEMPTATIONS THAT SATAN PUTS IN FRONT OF HIM AND KEEP ALL BAD COMPANY BAD FRINDS THAT USE OR DRINK ANY TIPE OF THINGS THAT TEMP HIM I ASK AND PRAY IN JESUS NAME A MAN,

• john September 3, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Thank you Saint Jude for your powerful intercession with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the past. Please guide my son through his addiction and bring him back into the glory of God.

• DONNA September 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM

ST JUDE PLEASE PRAY FOR KRISTEN, JERRY, AND ASHLEY THAT THEY CHANGE THEIR LIFESTYLES. THAT JERRY AND ASH STOPS DRINKING/DRUGS EVERYDAY. PLEASE I ASK THIS IN JESUS HOLY NAME AND IN YOUR LOVE AND POWER ST JUDE. THANK YOU, AMEN.