St. Jude Prayer for Addiction

Addiction

Pray to St. JudeGod of life, You made me in Your perfect image, to live in Your love and to give You glory, honor and praise. Open my heart to Your healing power. Come, Lord Jesus, calm my soul just as you whispered “Peace” to the stormy sea. St. Jude, most holy Apostle, in my need I reach out to you. I beg you to intercede for me that I may find strength to overcome my illness. Bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father’s constant love. Remain at my side, St. Jude, to chase away all evil temptations, fears, and doubts. May the quiet assurance of your loving presence illuminate the darkness in my heart and bring lasting peace. Amen.

Post your prayer or petition below for those suffering from addiction. Or if you would like, send your special intentions for those suffering from addiction to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine of St. Jude where it will be prayed for by the Claretians.

Comments

• Mart September 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Dear St. Jude please help my fiance free from addiction to Marijuana. We’ve been together for 2 years now and have been fighting over over about this matter. He is currently jobless and i’m the one who is striving to earn for a living to be able to sustain our daily needs. But half of what i earn from my job goes to his vices. He also sell many of his stuff just to get money to pay for it. We even came to a point where we physically and verbally hurting each other. i love him despite of being abusive, i want to help him get through it. I don’t know what to do. My heart breaks every time i think of what i have lost–my savings, respect, trust etc. We have talked about many times and promised me to change gradually but seems like he’s getting worse. I want him to realize that life is beautiful without it and there is always hope. I want him to see the people who loves him. I want him also to think of his life to have a direction in life. Please St. Jude have mercy on us. Amen

• MaryAnne September 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Dear St Jude I ask You to Heal my Son, Nathan from this Hideous Addiction to Opiates!
    Strengthen Him with Willpower and
    Good Self Esteem Again.
    Show Him He has So Much Goodness and Kindness to Lead Him in Gods Path to Teach and Help the Others.

• Karen September 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

St. Jude, please help my daughter Caitlin to overcome her addiction to meth. Please wrap your arms around her and help her. Help us to care for her and her son as she goes through this time.

• Ann September 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Dear St Jude, Please intervene on behalf of my son he is addicted to drugs, struggles to find and maintain employment, is depressed, sad, angry, fearful and appears to have a weakness for saying no. Please help him to come clean, stay clean and live a life of glory to God. I pray for peace in my family and request support and prayers to help us all cope too! Amen

• Jason September 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Please pray for me, my suffering, my pain, my addictions and my mind. I give it over to God! Please heal me! Protect me from evil, Amen.

• Elebertowski September 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

St. Jude

• Jaime September 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM

St. Jude – please help me on my way – I want to live a pure life free of all drugs and alcohol – I’m almost there just need to get over this last hurdle!!!

• val September 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

please pray for my friend Derek overcome his drug addiction problem, bring him back to me,& away from his gf Angel who helping to bring him down. I just want my old best friend back

• Vidia September 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Blessed st Jude. I humbly ask you to recognize this servant of thine and set her free from her gambling addiction. I pray my only addiction shall be to my lord everlasting in heaven. Free me from this bondage st Jude. Thank you

• Christina September 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Please pray for my husband Daniel that he overcome his gambling addiction. Please heal his mind, body, heart and soul. Thank you Jesus, Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Jude and all the angels and saints.

• Marlene Martello September 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Jesus, Lord of life, bless all the friends of the National Shrine of St. Jude.

• Nancy September 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Please come to the aid of Karen and reach her to make her believe in God and the hope that he provides. Allow her to recover and care for herself and her three girls who she loves.I believe that Without hope in God, she will not heal. Thank you.

• Kellie Harper September 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM

St Jude Please intercede on my behalf And cure me of drugs and alcohol addiction. please help me be a good child of God again. praise God for His everlasting mercy glory and love. amen

• Md September 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM

St Jude, please pray for my son so that he may recognize his addiction and begin the path to healing. Pray that the Holy Spirit fill his heart with peace, love and confidence, and replace the shame and anger he endures every day. Allow him to use his kindness and compassion to help himself as well as others. Please, please pray for him and his family. Amen.

• Steven August 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Dear glorious St Jude, Thank you so much for all your help over the past 2 years and more. You are my protector and I have seen that your power is immense. Please continue to pray the Lord for me and prevent me from falling back into addictions of any type. Protect my family, my children and grand-children. Amen.

• Karen August 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM

St Jude please help me fight the temptation.

• Marjie August 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Please pray for the evil to leave Andreas Wagners life for good. Ask that Deana be removed from our living area eternally no letters no calls we have suffered for eight years. Please Lord let Andreas abandon all his addictions for his love of You and ask me for forgiveness let him see how much he has really hurt me and his loved ones. He seems so impervious to the pain he has caused especially me. Lord sorry I don’t know if its wrong but just rid us of her and her evil scheming for money for once and for all. Let our families grow ever closer to you Lord. You know how I have suffered due to his addictions and this woman and my physical pain. Please bless Bridget with a vocation let her love in your light and her boyfriend too. Amen

• ocm August 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM

St. Jude please intercede. May God protect my husband from all evil and harm. May the medication he is now being given not cause any bad reactions and that he tolerate it well. May he not get sick from it. May he also be ok as he stopped another medication. Please guide the drs, nurses, and staff in his care. Please continue to give him good health and strength as he gets better with his sobriety. Please keep him safe at all times. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

• Ag August 28, 2013 at 5:14 AM

St Jude , please give me strength to overcome my addiction , to forgive myself and find peace within my family .thank you for always being on my side and cost and reminder to pray and to be free of was taking over my life, Amen

• MD August 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Saint Jude, please help my husband with his addictions and with his mental health. Please help him come back to the Lord and to us, his family. Please change his heart towards me, so that he feels no fear and wants to come back fully to his family. Thank you St. Jude for your intercession.

• Md August 25, 2013 at 10:03 PM

St Jude, please pray for my son who cannot seem to escape his marijuana addiction. Help him with the realization that he has a problem and give him the strength and confidence to conquer his addiction. Fill his heart with peace and love and help him in his darkest days. He is one of the most kindest and compassionate people I have ever known. Give him strength and guide him back on the right path in life. Please help him and our family. Amen.

• Susan August 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

St.Jude, please heal my daughter of her alcohol addiction. Please help her to choose to be sober. Please help her succeed in her new job and stay employed. Please deliver her from loneliness and heartache. So much depends upon her choosing health over alcohol. Please strengthen her resolve and help her live a healthy happy life. Amen

• c August 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

please help the father of my child in recovering from his addiction to prescription drugs. I beg of you to hear my prayer. We are close to losing our home, and our boy hasn’t seen his father in 3 months. I no longer know what to say to him when he asks me for his dad. Please Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

• J August 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

St. Jude – I come crawling back to the Lord to once again beg for help with overcoming this addiction that has taken over my life and now threatens the future of my marriage and my family. Help me to forgive myself and to find the strength to break this cycle and repair the damage I have done. Thank you St. Jude for hearing my prayer

• OCM August 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

St. Jude please intercede for my husband to God. May the staff, doctors and nurses continue to give good care and nutrition to him. May they meet his needs and be kind. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide my husband in his thoughts. Please protect him from all evil and harm. May God continue to provide good health and strength. May the medications be safe and may his body react well to them when he is on or off them. May the provider see the good that he has done and his determination and affirm that to him. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

• Jodi August 21, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Please St. Jude intercede for me for I am
    to fight this evil. I beg and pray for mercy from Him. I pray in His name Amen.

• Karen August 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM

St Jude please help me. I am so scared living the way like this I cannot sleep well at night and have constant heaviness in my chest. Please let me gain my courage and strength to live for my children. I love them and they need me.

• ND August 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Please pray for my son (Ryan) dearest St Jude that he will be healed and overcome his drug addiction. Please pray that Lord Jesus will grant him a place to go to restore his mind and body and grant him the will and strength to want to it too. In Jesus name, Amen.

• gs August 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM

St Jude, please pray for my husband; that he realizes finally that he has to stop drinking. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• worried August 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM

St. Jude, please pray for David, that all his legal problems be resolved favorably soon. that he find a job so he can support his family and stay strong to beat his addictions with God’s help. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• mom August 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Please pray for my son, that he be set free from his addiction to alcohol. Please pray he finds love in his life again, so he will learn to live without addictions. In Jesus’ name I pray.

• Nanci August 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Please Dear St Jude intercede to dear Jesus to heal my son and help him break free from his drug addiction. please put him where he needs to be to restore his mind and body.

• ocm August 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

St. Jude please intercede for us. May God protect and keep my husband safe from all evil and harm as he detoxes. I ask that his withdrawal symptoms and discomfort get better. May his blood pressure be normal and may the medications help him. May the medications be safe and may they be monitored closely. Please guide the drs, nurses and staff in his care. may they be vigil in his care. Please give him strength and good health. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

• Jane August 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Dear St. Jude, please be with my father during this dire time. His depression and alcohol addiction have torn our wonderful family apart. My sweet mother, who has always supported him, now is left with little choice but divorce. Please be with Dad, help him see the light of God’s love and mercy, that he may overcome his addictions and turn his life around. Be with all of us as we cope with these difficult days. In God’s name I pray, Amen.

• Anthony Da Costa August 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM

St Jude please intercede and help Chad overcome all his obstacles. Please free him from any crutches that he may think brings happiness. Instead open his eyes to the love of family and friends and free him from bondage to depression. Lord please bring us peace, happiness and guidness. Amen.

• Md August 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM

St. Jude please hear the prayers for my son so that he may conquer his addiction. Fill his heart with light and love and give him the peace and confidence to help him in his journey. Let the Holy Spirit come into his life to calm his soul. He’s incredibly kind and compassionate but doesn’t seem to realize what a good person he is. Please help him and guide me so I can help him. I miss him so much as I love him more than anything or anyone. St. Jude, worker of miracles, please pray for us. Amen.

• Eileen August 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Please pray for Anthony. Free him from addiction, impulsivity, mental disorder, and anxiety. Make him whole and heal his mind body and soul. amen

• OCM August 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM

St. Jude, please intercede & ask God & Jesus that my husband Paul is protected from all evil & harm. He is detoxing and having withdrawals. Please keep him health, strength and keep him safe. Please keep him safe and healthy. May God guide the drs, nurses, & staff. May the medications given be tolerated and help reduce any risks & dangers. Let the meds be safe for him. And that he has no bad reactions to detoxing and the medications he takes. Let him be safe. May he feel better and do well in his tx program & continue to be sober.

• andrea August 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Pray for nick loven that all drugs and drug addicts be removed from his life. God change nicks heart and mind and heal him of his addictions. fill him with ur love Lord and let our love flow thru him. please restore our family so that nick will be the husband and father we need him to be and our family will bring glory and honor to ur name Lord. Father God bind the evil and sin that is hindering nick. remind him of his love for us and our love for him. God save him with ur love. in Jesus name i pray. amen.

• capitalZ August 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM

St.jude please help my fiance overcome his addiction and guide him in his recovery.Amen

• mary ann August 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM

St Jude most holy apostle and friend of Jesus, please help my son Adas in his addiction and recovery. Guide his way, hold his hand and when he stumbles, help him up.

• Limbo August 10, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Dear St Jude… I beg of you and pray for you to intercede for me with the Lord to help me in my hour of desperation and need… Please help cure Tim of his sexual and alcohol addictions… Please help him find peace in his heart, body, and soul… Please heal him.. Let him open his heart, mind, emotions to me – and help heal him and our relationship so that we may come back together whole and have a healthy, loving, happy, committed and monogamous relationship… He is a beautiful person St Jude… He saved me from myself and now I beg of you to save him and us from his inner demons.. I do love him with all my heart and beg of you to help us… Help him see I am the one for him and that he wants to recover for us… thank you St Jude, I am and would be forever grateful for you intercession… xxoo

• Sarah August 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Please dear lord help me with my addiction with narcotics pain medication I pray and thank u lord for answering my prayers amen!

• OCM August 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

St. Jude, please intercede & ask God & Jesus that my husband Paul is protected from all evil & harm while he detoxes this week. May God guide the drs, nurses, & staff. May God give him good health, strength to withstand the withdrawals. May the medications given be tolerated and help reduce any risks & dangers. Let the meds be safe for him. And that he has no bad reactions to detoxing. Let him be safe. May he feel better and do well in his tx program & continue to be sober.

• OCM August 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM

St. Judge please intercede. May God protect my husband from all harm and evil while he goes and detoxes at a residential tx program. Please God, guide the careworkers, counselors, nurses and doctors and may the Holy Spirit guide there decisions and actions when it comes to tx, medications etc. May he get 24 hour care. I pray that God gives him the strength, courage and good health to withstand his withdrawals. I also pray that the Lord keep him safe and that the withdrawals are minimal. Please, I ask this in Jesus’ name. Protect him and may he get sober and feel better through this program.

Amen.

• Julie August 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Dear Lord, I beg you to help heal my very good friend, Matthew Adams, from his opiate addiction. He is currently in rehab and 5 months sober, but he has yet to surrender to you. Without this, he will never gain the humility, and accountability he needs to survive this disease. He will continue to relapse and eventually die of his addiction. Please Lord, help him in his journey. I beg you to help him find a spiritual awakening before he ends up kicked out of rehab and on the street. He’s been suffering for years from this disease, and when will it be enough? He has hurt everyone in his family during the mass destruction he’s caused from lying, stealing, using, abusing, self-destructing, cheating, and his lack of empathy. My hands are tied and the only way he will get better is with your grace and guidance. I have no one to turn to anymore. Please help him find you so he has a chance of living a wonderful, humble life. Thank you and I am praying for all those who are suffering from addiction. It’s the most cunning and baffling disease … it ruins families.

• mickey August 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I am continously making trouble amongst family and relatives. I want to make many look bad so I can look better to the temporary friends I have.I buy new cars at 53 to impress others and then get mad when someone gets something btter than me so I begin talking badly abouth them or try to out beat them. I have los of regrets and blame my mother and sister for them. PLEASE WISH THEM GOOD SOON

• Mickey August 6, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I ask that I get some help for my bio ploar disorder. I continoulsy make trouble or stories up about many. I am always mad at my family and others that have more than me I also want everyone to join my hate path. I am very sneaky and think that many do not know anything- everyone is stupid or a retard. My brother D abides by all of my regulations and listnes to all I have to say at command.PLEASE HELP ME.

• Kat August 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Dear St. Jude: I have tried and fallen so many times to gain consistent sobriety but loneliness and selfishness have compromised my perseverance. Please intercede on my behalf to see it in your will to help me with my addiction and to be free from it. With all my love.

• gloris August 5, 2013 at 5:44 AM

im struggling with my addiction. i made promise today will be last day. help keep those who are not support of me tryong. im caise and im ready